Disclosure :: This post is sponsored by the New Orleans Public Library and their Summer Fun Program.
Summer is Coming :: Fun At The New Orleans Public Library
Summer is right around the corner. Literally it starts next week. Wasn’t Christmas just last month? Whether I am prepared for it or not, summer is happening. As a stay at home mom who doesn’t do camp, I am always trying to find ways to entertain my krewe. Fun, cheap, and indoor activities are most desirable, but can be few and far between. This summer the New Orleans Public Library is here to help me out. Their FREE Summer Fun Program has TONS of events and activities (with prizes) for all age groups.
Here is What You Need to Know About the Summer Fun Program:
- WHO: Children (birth-12), Teens (12-18), and Adults (18+). You do not need to be an Orleans Parish resident. In fact you don’t even need a library card. Although you probably will want to have one so that you and your kids can borrow books for the reading challenge.
- WHAT: Different events will be held for each age group. The under 12 events will be things such as “The World’s Smallest Magician” magic show and Professor Universe. Teens can enjoy simple coding and crafting with heat-infused Perler beads. Adults can participate in History of the Cocktail and Nola Street Name Spelling Bee. In addition to the events, they have Bingo cards and a reading challenge that your child can work on throughout the summer.
- WHEN: June 1st – July 20th
- WHERE: The New Orleans Public Library
- HOW: Registering for the program is quick and easy. Visit the New Orleans Public Library website starting June 1st to register and get your prize for signing up. YES you get a prize for signing up.
This program is going to be a lot of fun and keep my kids reading over the summer. I am grateful that they will even provide us with a Bingo card and reading tracker. Make sure to mark your calendar to register starting on June 1st HERE.