Ladies and gentlemen, 2017 is almost over and the holidays are upon us! At the end of each year, I find myself scrambling to get everything done. Between Christmas teas, family photos, traveling and that darn elf, I soon lose track of time. Before I know it, the school year has only a week left and I don’t have a holiday gift to give to my child’s teacher. Usually I find myself going to Target late one night during the week to pick up a gift card.
This year, I decided to be proactive and poll some teachers to find out which gifts they prefer. Their responses somewhat surprised me.
Number one on the list was by far the most popular request. I also found it to be the most personal. Here they are, in no particular order (except for number one):
- A thank you note from your son or daughter. Most teachers just love the idea of getting a handwritten note from your little one. They treasure it for years to come.
- A thank you note from YOU.
- Gift cards to Starbucks, Target, Amazon, Whole Foods and pretty much anywhere else. (side note: check for gift card deals online. Some stores offer discounts if you spend a certain amount on gift cards.)
- A gift certificate to get their car detailed.
- Movie tickets
- Aquarium tickets
- Zoo tickets
- Volunteering to help them clean their classroom or with anything else they may need done at school.
- Nice pens for grading.
- A random coffee during the week is always welcome too!