Last year we decided to host an egg hunt with the hope that some of you all would join us, but we really couldn’t have imagined just how big it would become. What we ended up with was fabulous: more than 100 children and their parents came out to join us, despite the cold, and we raised over $1,000 for the March of Dimes. We had such a great time that we decided to go bigger (and better) this year!
Our Generous Sponsors
We have teamed up with The Parenting Center, Children’s Hospital, Touro Infirmary, New Orleans Children’s Dental, FRESH BAR, Reginelli’s, Robert’s Fresh Market, Borden Dairy, Creative Sitters, Elmer Chocolate, Essie’s Sparkling Confections, Rosary’s Bitty Balls, Plum Street Snowballs, Zatarain’s, John Robert Powers Louisiana and many more to bring you a wonderful family friendly event.
Ticket Prices and What’s Included
Please feel free to bring a picnic blanket and partake in all of the activities we have planned for you, as well as enjoy food and drink with friends! Tickets are $8 per child (adults are FREE), but every child regardless of age requires a ticket. Ticket prices include access to EVERYTHING we have planned for you all (food, egg hunt, crafting with Creative Sitters, sweet treats, drinks and much, much more). If it happens to rain, although we truly hope it does not, we will be unable to offer refunds or a rain date due to the complex nature of the event and number of vendors involved. All ticket sales are final. Ticket prices do NOT include any raffle tickets (the proceeds of which benefit the March of Dimes). Read more below for information on the raffle itself. We have a limited number of tickets available, and when we sell out, the tickets are gone.
The Egg Hunts
We love that the Parenting Center has a separate gated play yard. To further promote a safe, calm, FUN and child friendly event we will be having four mini egg hunts (divided by age group) within the gated play yard. Please note ahead of time that there is a singular gate into the play yard, so children will line up with their age group and enter as is safe (i.e. it may not be the “mad dash” you are used to, but we assure you there is MORE than enough goodness to go around for all the kids both within the hunt and at our partners’ tables). Each egg hunt will last 15 minutes, and then prizes and eggs will be refreshed after each hunt. The age limits below are meant to be a guide. We won’t “card” your children at the gate (we kid, we kid), but truly: you know your child’s developmental age and abilities better than anyone. Please use your judgment, as the ages and groups are meant to ensure fun and safety for all. We realize that the first group says “4 and up” – many moms ask us who the event is designed for. While children of all ages are more than welcome, we do believe your children will have more fun if they are 7-8 or younger (just based on the activities and products we have planned). If you have any questions, just contact us.
Timing is as follows:
9:15: 4 years and up
9:35: 2-3 years old (solid walkers / able to run)
9:55: 1-2 years old (i.e. walking but still mastering it; children who just turned 2)
10:15: 1 and under (NON-WALKERS / crawlers)
Egg Hunt Prize Sponsors
Egg hunt prizes will come in the form of eggs but also come in the form of fun treats from our sponsors! That’s right, your kids will be collecting eggs AND fun products!
KIND :: Peter Rabbit :: Kleenhanz :: Siggis Dairy :: Pirate’s Booty :: Elmer Chocalate :: Whole Foods :: Cool Bottoms :: Udi’s Gluten Free Foods :: Louisiana Children’s Museum admission tickets :: Smarties :: Zapps :: Go Go Squeeze :: Most Delightful Foods :: Barney Butter :: 18 Rabbits :: Justin’s :: Buddy Fruits :: Reginelli’s :: Gym Rompers :: Audubon Zoo :: Boogie Wipes :: Palm Tree Playground :: New Orleans City Park :: Little Pnuts ::(many more to come!)
You may be wondering what you’ll do when your children aren’t hunting for eggs. Well, we have lots of food and sweet treats planned for you, so bring a picnic blanket and plan to spread out with some food, beverages and treats (all included in the price of your ticket). Plum Street Snowballs will be on site offering 200 snowball tastes (plenty for all of the kids, so let them go first)! Let’s pARTy NOLA is generously sponsoring a photo booth area with fun Easter themed photo props. Several photographers including Christie Froom Photography, Amy Cherie Photograpy and Tiffany McEntee Photography will also be on hand to capture the fun.
Please note that your ticket price does NOT include raffle tickets, as this is an optional component of the event. 100% of all of raffle proceeds will go directly to the March of Dimes. You can purchase tickets online in advance HERE or bring cash the day of, although we STRONGLY encourage you to please purchase your tickets ahead of time to keep things efficient.
Raffle sponsors and prizes include but are not limited to:
- A bucket of Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Products (valued at $57)
- A Go Go Babyz Double Wagon Stroller (valued at $429.99)
- A “Demi Wedge” in-home personal styling & wardrobe consultation package from Feet First Stores (valued at $250)
- A $300 giftcard to the Waldorf Astoria Spa
- A family membership to the New Orleans Museum of Art
- A basket with birthday items and a free Luau Open Play party gift certificate from Palm Tree Playground (valued at $350)
- An outfitting session from ALG Style (AKA our fashion fairy godmothers) (valued at $100)
- A gift basket of goodies from Udi’s Gluten Free Foods (valued at $80) including Aged Cheddar Ancient Grain Crisps, Jalapeno Cheddar Ancient Grain Crisps, Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, Vanilla Granola, Blueberry Cashew Granola Clusters, Sea Salt Carmel Cashew Cookies, Mighty Bagels, Millet Chia Bread, Double Vanilla Muffins, Harvest Crunch Muffins, Snickerdoodle Cookies and Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites
- A gift basket from Waxing the City including a $50 giftcard, a brow kit and more (valued at $80)
- A gift basket with a gift certificates from Nolafionnah, Embellish NOLA, Four Girly Girls and Hucklebuckles.
- A gift certificate to the Beaufort Bonnet Company (valued at $75)
- A private behind the scenes elephant barn tour ( for a family of four) from the Audubon Zoo (valued at $300)
- A “New Mommy” package from Kalencom which will include a bag, (their most popular style) with matching insulated bottle holder, changing pad, zippered pouch, paci pods and one of their brand new nursing capes (valued at $130).
- A Parenting Center annual membership (valued at $100)
- A Whole Foods gift certificate (valued at $100).
- A private wine tasting for 12 at Pearl Wine Co. (valued at $250), a bottle of wine from Pearl Wine Co. AND two hours of babysitting from Creative Sitters (valued at $30).
- One Little Pnuts Special Delivery featuring eco friendly, high quality toys, curated to meet your Little Pnuts specific milestones (valued at: $65.00).
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, due to the nature of the event and the many partners and vendors involved, this event cannot be rescheduled if weather is an issue. All ticket sales are non-refundable.